Friday, March 1, 2013

Day # 15

We are created for good. I am created for good. You are created for good. Ephesians 2:10...

'God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing. '

In a lot of areas in my life it is hard for me acknowledge what I am, my gifts.  I never want to come across as arrogant or proud. I think society has shaped me that way. Confidence is a hard path to walk on because people attack and confidence can become self glorifying. I can't help but think this makes God sad. He made us. He made us to do good things with our gifts.

This verse really challenges me. It challenges me to search myself, seek counsel, and develop self awareness. What gifts do I have? What did God make me? Am I allowing God to grow those gifts into something beautiful for His glory?

I find comfort in the last phrase. God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing... Doing good with how he has made us.

No comments:

Post a Comment