Monday, March 11, 2013

Day #23

Day two for Colossians 1:9-11...

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[a]10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, with joy.

On Saturday I wrote about the prayer in verse nine; praying for spiritual wisdom and understanding of God's will.  Verse 10 reminds me that Prayer is not there for us to escape the life. Prayer is there to better the way we live life. A life that is worthy of the Lord and pleasing to Him in every way. Prayer gives us power. Power to bear the fruit God has intended for our journey.

It has been empowering learning these scriptures.  I've noticed myself growing in my knowledge of the strength and power I have through God. I'm reminded that through a relationship with Him I have power to face what comes my way. He will give me what I need.  I never want that to leave my thinking! May I always call on God and seek His will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment