Monday, March 18, 2013

Day #29

1 John 3:16-18

 
 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.  If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?  Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

I've mentioned before Andy and I lived in Swaziland.  Our main job was to coordinate teams and their events when they came to serve.  Right now there is a team in Swaziland.  I'm living out the week of events in my mind, I long to be there.  I long to spend hours in the sun connecting with people who don't even speak English.

While in Africa it was easy to live this verse out.  While there we tried our hardest to love and serve. As much as we could.  It was our job our main priority. Since being back I always think, how can I love like that here? It's kinda sad because I should be seeking out people to love here, just like I did in Swaziland. What has changed to make it different?

I know that loving in Idaho looks different than it did in Africa.  I dont' have to wear skirts and it's colder. On a serious note, nothing regarding how I live should be different.  Regardless of where God puts me. I should always see loving and serving others as my job.  I need to try hard here too.  This verse says it straight forward; 'if I don't have pity on them...how can the love of God really be in me!'

I pray this defines me.  That I have the love of God in me. God may I be sensitive to my surroundings and your leading.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment