Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day #38

I really love the Easter season. It's such an exciting time as we wait to celebrate. We wait to celebrate what defines us as Christians. It's a shame that so many things can get in our way as stumbling blocks, causing us not to be excited.

I was reading in Matthew today and was reminded that humans, including me, can be stumbling blocks for others. Jesus had stumbling blocks.

Matthew 16:23

Jesus turned to Peter and said, ' Get behind me satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns. '

My prayer is that stumbling blocks would never get in my way. I know I face them daily, but I pray they never deflate my excitement for Jesus. Especially the excitement for the celebration found in Jesus' death and resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment