Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day # 18

Somedays, okay most days, I struggle with laziness.  I don't think I fully grasp how much I struggle with it. It's hard to always put 100% in everything. And let's face it...it feels better to sit than get things done (which is not a bad thing we need down time too!) Today's verse...

2 Peter 1:5-7

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

I'm really challenged at how this verse states, make every effort to add to your faith.  Effort equals work and like I said, I stuggle being lazy. After the scary effort statement there is a beautiful list of words.  Again, I'm a word lover and they empower me. I love how the message reads this verse...

'So don’t lose a minute in building on what you’ve been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others.'

Each dimension fitting into and developing the others. Referring back to the NIV translation, It is a natural progression of great character. If you put effort into goodnes.  Have knowledge in the goodness, then you will practice self control. Self-control takes perseverance. You get the picture.  I pray that I would make steps to add goodness in my life and resist laziness.  It is as simple as having my quiet time when I'm alert! 

No comments:

Post a Comment