Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day #40

Today is the last day for me to be blogging about memory verses.  It is crazy how fast, and at time slow, it has gone.   Thank you to those who have been in this with me.  Your love and encouragment was what I needed it to be... accountability. I don't have every scripture memorized word for word, but I'm so thankful for the knowledge I have gained. I know more now than I did 40 days ago. I pray I continue to seek after scripture...for it to run in my blood.

This past week I've thought, 'how am I going to wrap this up?' 'What verse will I end with?'  I've memorized verses about God's promises, the Holy Spirit's power, the restoration found in Christ... the list could go on. Then last night we were playing a game with my parents, chit chatting about nonsense fears.  Then my Dad mentioned Matthew 6:34...

'Therefor do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'

After thinking about this verse, this is the last one I want to focus on for this lent season.  Yes, it is a simple verse I have heard several times. Though simple, it is so powerful and should drive how I live.  In a way it sums up what I've been learning this journey.  It's the perfect umbrella verse. Here is a pep talk to myself regarding  todays verse and the verses from the past 39 days...

God has given you what you need to get through today.  His riches surround you in many forms. Dwell in His faithfulness, goodness and perfect peace. When you woke up this morning you were a new fresh person...just like you are each day. God has a plan for you, today.  Be quiet enough to hear the Holy Spirit whisper what direction you should go, today. The Spirit is in you, advocating for you to be the best you can be. Don't be a slave to the world around you. Express love to all you meet.  Live today the best you can.  Do not worry about tomorrow. 

May God bless us as we journey to know Him and make Him known.

No comments:

Post a Comment