Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day # 19

I have a lot of thoughts running through my head about todays scripture.  Well, I have everyday...and always wonder if my writings make sense. Today, I especially hope it make sense.  I think it's because I'm still wrapping my brain around 1 John 4:19...

'We love Him, because He first loved us.'

Okay folks, this scripture is deep (maybe only to me). God loves me so much and this is why I love Him. I don't deserve His love.  The creator of everything loved me first...what! Awesome.

My prayer for my daughter has been; 'God, I pray she knows you love her and that she loves you back!'

Last night I read her my FAVORITE book! The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.



Did you know that Shel was Jewish?  He wrote this book to describe how he views Jesus.  Pretty awesome.  It will change the way you read the book if you didn't already know that.  It helps me understand God's love for me. I had it inmind last night and I wept as I read it! I mean had mascara down my face cry!! Read it if you have it!

The tree loves the boy. He always wants the boy to enjoy him. He gives himself to the boy.  He loves the boy, all the time.

I hope that some dots are connected as you read my writing.  God's love is so good... I never want to stop learning about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment