Friday, March 29, 2013

Day #39

Good Friday. On this day we reflect on the power of darkness and evil. Yesterday I was reading the scene of when Jesus was crusified. Scripture tells us it was darkness covered the earth and the earth shook. Can you imagine what it was like? Can you imagine the defeat some may have felt?  I love that today is called 'Good Friday.' It reminds me of the goodness and new life we have in Christ. 

Revelation 21:5

And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, forthese words are faithful and true.”

Today's scripture is such a great promise to me. God makes all things new. Not only does he say it, he tells us to write these words down, because these words are faithful and true. My dear friend has a tattoo that says it. Talk about a daily reminder! 

Despite the darkness in our world. We serve a God who has victory over death  and darkness. We serve a God who makes ALL things new. What does that mean for you?  It brings me to tears. I'm humbled that no matter if I fall... Maybe say something a regret, dont extend grace (even to myelf) or spend time doubting. His mercies are new every morning making all things new and fresh in me. 
Praise His name that He overcame darkness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment