Friday, March 8, 2013

Day #21


Hebrews 4:12...
 'For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.'

I love this. I pray God that your word would be alive and active in my life. The last part of this verse, 'it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart'. Sums up my desire for this Lent action I'm taking on. I want scripture to contol my thoughts and attitudes. 

I can't help but think of a sweet friend who is living this out.  My friend Tarah Warren, I know she's reading this. She has been my friend since we were in elementary school. She has stage IV ovarian cancer.  Right now she can proudly say she is half way through part of her chemo.  But, she has been so sick and beat up.

Tarah has been writing updates (Teal for Tarah on Facebook...add her to your prayer list), and I am so inspired by her! I'm inspired how she is seeing God at work, even in little interactions. I'm inspired by the way the word of God is alive, active, and controlling her attitude. Thanks be to God!

P.S. Her verse for this chapter in her life is 2 Corinthians 12:9 (Day # 3 for me)...'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ power may rest on me.' 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy I just love you for so many reasons; for your sweet spirit, your love for God, and the desire you have to serve Him and others with such beauty and grace. As I began to read your blog for the day I had already written on mine, so my thought was.."Amy is doing this, clinging to the cross, seeking God, desiring more knowledge, and without what I obviously needed in my life, the interruption of Cancer or a big trial.
    Thank you for your prayers. What your husband said to me in the beginning is still what I recall most often.. He told me that he told Spencer the same thing, which meant so much, "God is with you". God is obviously with you both! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete