Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day #31

One of the best lessons I've learned during this has been the constant reminder that God is my refuge.  It's sprinkled all over scripture. In Him I can find shelter. I've reflected on this several times during this lent season. When I'm face with something bad, I'm reminded of this. There is something powerful about this that sends a warmth all throughout my body. Today's verse is another one that sends me to a place of comfort and rest.

Psalm 91:1-2...

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”

How amazing is God! What an amazing gift TRUST is. I know that life is not easy.  We are all surrounded by darkness and sadness. We live in a fallen world. But the 'whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High (stop and think about that description, Most High...pretty awesome) will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.' This is what it means to be a follower and believer of Christ. We can't always escape the bad in life, but we can rest in the Lord.  This is such great news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment