Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day #25

Sometimes I have moments in life where I am taken back by God's goodness.  The simple things just give me a burst of warmth and joy.  Moments like; praying with a college kid after they've come to my home to chat, climbing in my bed to read, sitting at the dinner table talking after the food is gone, a home full of laughter, singing great music in the car. These moments seem perfect. Psalm 18:30...

'As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.'

While the first part of this verse gives me a burst of joy, the last part gives me comfort.  Not every moment in life has the perfect feeling that I mentioned above. The good news about that is that God is our shield. I picture this big shield covering me as I'm on my knees praying.  He is my protector and comforter.  For that I am grateful and I am grateful for the perfect moments that God give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment