Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day #20...halfway point

20 days of lent down and 20 more to go.  If you are participating in Lent, I hope you are seeking the Lord and growing closer to Him as you observe the Lent season. I'm grateful for the ways I have been drawing closer to Him, yet I pray for more perseverance and wisdom for the scripture.

I love the reminder todays verse gives me, 1 Corinthians 4:20...

'For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.'

I am humbled as I read this.  How often do we over sophisticate the Kingdom of God? How often do we spend time justifying rather than seeking the Lord?

When I hear the word POWER in this verse I think, where does the power come from?  I'm pretty sure a lot of the power comes through prayer and the Holy Spirit. If my hunch about power comes from prayer is true, do I/we spend enough time relying on prayer or our wise theology discussions.  Don't get me wrong, theology and discussionr are great! But, this scripture reads that the Kingdom is made up of power.

I want to see this power. I wonder how often church leaders or leaders from other Christ centered organization spend time in prayer together... for entire meetings? Just a thought and a challenge. What a great reminder to call on the Holy Spirit to show His power.

No comments:

Post a Comment