Monday, March 25, 2013

Day #35


Colossians 3:15-17

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


On Friday I wrote about peace ruling our hearts. Today I want to pick up talking about the message of Christ dwelling among us, in different forms. I love this verse, mainly because I love music. Music has played a powerful role in my life. I grew up in a home where my father's profession was music. I can hear a song and be right back in a memory. While I love all forms of music, I really love Christian music. Honestly, some is a little cheesy for me. But, a lot of it moves me to tears!

I've discovered that music can change my attitude. It's crazy it can play such a powerful role. I can't help but think Christ likes it when His message dwells in us through music. Especially when we sing to God with gratitude in our hearts. I pray I fill my head with songs of praise. May those lyrics be stuck in my mind, continuing to praise Him all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment