Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day #16

This verse makes me happy. I can't decide which translation I like the best. Hebrews 10:24...


'And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds'  NIV

'Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out'
The Message

I read about 10 and they all had a great twist on words.  I think I like how The Message says 'inventive' and 'encouragine love.'

Each individual is facing a battle.  By our human nature, we are selfish and self centered.  With this mindset it can be hard to focus on encouraging love and doing good deeds.  I am challenged to do be better at this.  But what I love about this scriputre is thinking of being inventive and/or creative in loving others.  Simple things like; letters, hugs, bringing a friend a coffee at work... so many options!

The other day after a work out class I was left standing by the teacher.  I've always been nervous to talk to her because, well lets face it, I worry about how she sees me as I sweat and look like a whale trying to get to downward dog! She is a doll.  I told her how I loved coming to her classes because she is such an encouraging instructor and so positive.  I was shocked at how she reacted to my words.  Her entire face lit up and she said I made her week. I would argue that saying kind words is one of the best ways we can do good deeds! Spread His love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment