Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day #36

Colossians 3:15-17

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


It's my last day to focus on this passage.  The last verse has come at a great time for me.  One of those moments of sunshine God has matched up for me.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

In no way do I want to sound like I'm being boastful by sharing this little story.  Actually, it's quite humbling because I think stories like this should be taking place daily in my life...and they don't. I wont go into a lot of details.  I was in conversation with someone and they expressed a fear they had in my judgement regarding actions in their life.  I was able to share that I am a Christ follower, I take forgiveness and unconditional love seriously. I ellaborated a little more, and her eyes filled with tears.

It was amazing because she claims to not believe in God.  But, me telling her I don't  judge her... in the name of Jesus, she was obviously moved! 

So... whatever you do today.  Whether it be buy groceries or feed the poor.  Do it all in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment