Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day #32

I've been reading, The Devil in Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo.  It's been a great read because it is a fascinating story about forgiveness. I'm not giving anything away that the title doesn't... The story is about a preacher's family who is terrorized by a man in their church.  It's straight up crazy what he does! However, the family chooses to enforce my memory verse for the day, Luke 6:27-28...

'But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you'

This verse is pretty straight forward. Silly story, but I can't stop thinking about this lady that yelled and flipped me off about six years ago. I was dropping my mom off somewhere and happened to be doing it in a handicap spot (horrible I know, but I wasn't going to be there long).  At the same time a woman came charging out cursing and yelling at me. I hate confrontation and backed out of the spot in tears. I need to pray for this lady and not let her ruffle my feathers any longer!

On a more serious note. Not everyone is going to get along in this world.  We as Christians have to show Christ's love by blessing those who hate, mistreat, and curse us.  On the flip side, we should not be someones enemy. That challenge almost seems harder to me.  I never want to mistreat someone. God has called us to be holy people.  This means loving your neighbor; by blessing them and not mistreating them. I pray Lord that I could love my neighbors... all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment