Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day # 14

I'm tired today.  I mean driving the car, my eyes are burning from being open tired. I know I'm not alone in this feeling.  We live is such a FULL world.  One of our fears coming back from Swaziland is that we would get caught up in the 'you must have a busy schedule' lie our society tells us. It is something we fight daily.  And then parenthood happpened...another level of tired. I'm reminded today by Matthew 11:28...

'Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.'

Each person on this earth has a different story of why they are weary or burdened. It may be family stress, illness, school work, or lack of sleep because of these stresses. Whatever it may be, God says to come to Him. Come to Him and he will give you rest. Stop whatever you are doing and ask Him to give you rest.  Let Him fill you. But remeber, we have to take steps to slow down so God can fill us. May you be renewed by His rest, comfort and goodness today!

No comments:

Post a Comment