Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day # 6

I've been praying for the Lord to reveal scriptures that I need.  Not scriptures to write and discuss, scripture that will change me. I pray that I can soak in God's promises to me. Then I came across this scripture in James 1 :25...

'But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it- not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it-they will be blessed in what they do.'

What perfect and encouraging words for me to hear.  A great promise, I have already been blessed and it's only day 6! 

I'm not sure about you but I guilty of forgetting what I have read and heard. Very guilty.  Yes I have little sprinkles of wisdom from sermons or Bible study. How often do I let those things challenge me or reflect on them? It is my desire this Lent season to look intently into scripture. To know true freedom, through my relationship with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment