Friday, February 15, 2013

Day # 3

Today's scriputre 2 Corinthians 12:9...

'But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.'

In my quiet time last night this verse was use to help support what was being discussed. Honestly, I can't even recall exactly what I was reading about...sad, I know. Something about surrendering. However, the verse stayed with me and I have been dwelling on it. It is so full of goodness, I could write pages. Don't worry I'm only choosing a bit to focus on.

What does this really mean? 'My power is made perfect in weakness.' What is my weakness? Sadly, I can come up with a list of imperfections. But I wanted to take my 'list of sorrow/weakness' to the next level, sum it all up. I hope you follow my thinking...

As Christians we are called to Love. Everyone. Sometimes that's just hard to do. We are selfish and judgemental by our human nature, not perfect. So, to cover my entire list of 'sorrow/weakness' my weakness is summed up to be unloving. This term unloving makes my skin crawl because I never want to come across as 'unloving.' The truth is I do... whether it be in my thinking, body language, or conversations. I am guilty.

But, there is good new folks. God's grace is sufficent and His strength is perfect in my weakness. He is ready to equip me with what I need to make me stronger, in His name. His power is resting on me. The greek word used for the the words 'power may rest on me' -means, cover me all over like a tent. I love that image! God's grace is covering us like a tent. This is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment