Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day # 8

I said a few days ago that I'm reading 'Forgotten God" by Francis Chan. It is a book about the Holy Spirit. I've really enjoyed how it has opened my eyes to the relationship I had never really wrapped my brain around. There is a section of the book where he writes about when Christ gives us the Holy Spirit. In John 16:7 it says...

" But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."

Chan sums this verse up to say 'Yes, I was with you for three and a half years, but it is better that I leave you and the Holy Spirit comes.' Can you imagine the disciples reaction? 

How do we react hearing that now?  It's an interesting thought. Of course I would love for Jesus to still be on earth, but would I ever see him? Would he be like Billy Graham filling auditoriums all the time? What would his groupies be like? 

I'm thankful that the Holy Spirit has been given to us.  We each have an intimacy with him.  That's a cool thought. Something I never want to take lightly or forget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment