Friday, February 22, 2013

Day # 9

Sometimes I get discouraged. Discouraged about life and the circumstances of others. As a counselor, I hear a lot of sad things, horrible things. My heart can ache for my clients... I long for them to know the hope of the Lord.  To know His goodness and the freedom that comes from knowing Him. Joshua 1:9 says...

'Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.'

When I read this I am challenged.  We are commanded to be strong and courageous. In ever aspect of our lives. I take this as a challenge for all the different roles I play in my life.  As a wife, I need to be strong when we have hard days of marriage.  As a mom, I need to be courageous how I raise my daughter in this world of darkness. As a adult woman living on a college campus and a counselor I need to be strong and courageous when breathing encouragement into students and clients. 

He has a commanded us to not be discouraged, He is with us everywhere we go.  This directly connects to other scripture I blogged about.  The Holy Spirit is in us...giving us the strength and courage we need to face the ugly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment