Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day # 2

I have to admit that after I posted yesterday I became sick to my stomach.  I started thinking...
  
 'oh no, what have I done. I'm going to have to talk to people about this. Who do I think I am preaching to the cyber world about scriptures. Hopefully all my FB friends gave up FB for lent.'

After a little while of being physical anxious I was reminded of how the enemy attacks us. Of course the enemy doesn't want me to draw close to God. All I have to say to that is, 'back up enemy!' Ha!

The scripture I want to memorize today is from Isaiah 9:6

"For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace"

This usually is seen around Christmas and I'm singing the song as I write it. I read over this scripture the other day and I can't stop thinking about all the titles given to Jesus in this text.  Stop and look at each of them;Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace! They are so rich, comforting and powerful. I'm moved to tears. Jesus is each of these to us! I never want to forget He is all of this, all the time! As a counselor I am humbled at the thought of how wonderful a counselor He is! If only some of my clients could get to know Him. He is Mighty, Everlasting, and can bring Peace. Rejoice in His goodness this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment