Monday, February 18, 2013

Day # 5


Hope everyone had a great Sunday.  Let's jump right into the second half of this scripture...

John 14: 15-17

"If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."

When we were living in Africa, the words I'm focusing on today were a huge part of my journey while there. "The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you." Where we lived in Africa, it was hard to see God at times. It was hard to have hope. Half the people in the country have AIDS, orphans were everywhere, it is a country of grief. Feel free to read some of my old post from our journey. 

All that to say, I learned a HUGE lesson about the Holy Spirit while there and these words describes it, perfectly.  The world will look at places such as Swaziland, Africa and ask where is the Lord now. But, being a believer I had to learn that the Lord has not left me or the world. He has physically left the world, but he left the Holy Spirit residing in us... that means in me! We are to be the hands and feet of Christ. We hear these words a lot... but it is our calling to live this way.  In essence, this is God's will for our lives. To be in tune with and sensitive to Holy Spirit guiding our every step. 

To sum it up John 14: 15-17... God has given us an advocate.  Someone to lead and encourage us to keep His commands, the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is in us.   I pray I am sensitive to the whispers I hear today and this is my prayer for all who may be reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment