Monday, February 25, 2013

Day #11

Happy Monday! Last night I sat down and quizzed myself on the past 10 verses. I don't have them down word for word, but I have more in my brain than I once did. And that makes me happy. I'm still working at it!

I really like words.  I know that may sound silly, but I do. I often repeat words (or short phrases) in my head to help encourage me.  Some of my favorites are; dwell, rest, cherish, peace. Today's verse has a handful of words I don't always think of in my daily interactions as a Christ follower.

James 3:17...

'But the wisdom that comes from Heaven is first of all pure; then peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.'

I love how James (the author, who is Jesus' brother) refers to these words as wisdom from Heaven. such a fun thought!  This wisdom can't be learned in school, you can only learn it from Heaven. What if people in this world had these words encouraging their every thought, steps and action?

"Let me be pure in my thinking and interactions..."

"Love peace..."

"Be considerate of my surroundings..."

"Put others before me..."

"Treat people fair...all people and be sincere."

I think you get the point.  May I meditate on these words today. May they control my thoughts, steps and actions.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment