Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day # 7

Today's verse is one I'm excited to have in my memory bank! John 14:27...

 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Isn't it comforting? Peace. God gives us peace.

When we were deciding whether or not to move to Africa everyone had their opinions.  People were full of fear and wanted us to be very cautious.  I know if the roles were swapped, I would have the same thoughts.  At moments I could become anxious.  It was a scary thought to move that far.  To a place with such sickness and corruption. Overall I had this peace.  It was indescribable. Peace that covered me. Peace that passes all understanding. I know God gave me that peace.

It is hard to not be troubled or to be afraid.  Especially in a world that throws fear in your face every time you turn on the TV. The Lord tells us to not live in this fear, it is not from God. It really is challenging to not be afraid!

May I seek God's peace daily, moment by moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment