Thursday, August 19, 2010

High School Compassion


             For the first time the compassion team from the GO Team held school assemblies in High Schools. The assemblies were held at Manzini (700 students) and Sidvodkvo (250 students) High School.  Both the Swazi and American students participated in singing, dance, and drama for one another. The youth pastor from BFC, Chris Polluck, also led a message regarding scars.  Every person has scars from their life experiences, some scars are visible and some are not. At the end of the message each student was given a chance to anonymously write down scars/prayer request they have.  The students placed their answers in a big box and cards were later handed out to the team members so they could be prayed for.  The dynamics of the cards varied and the majority of the ‘scars’ match ‘scars’ we have in America.  Here are a few were received to pray for:

-I need help I want to succeed in life, I want to be he greatest person in the world eg: a poet, singer, songwriter, and the happiest man in the world.
-I’m 17 years old and I shunned my friends after I was saved. My problem is that they are plotting to do anything to harm me, what must I do?
-Please pray for me to pass.
-When I fail at school and I really disappoint my parents.
-I am a child of God but I’m short tempered. I use to pray for myself. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.
-I don’t pass well at school no matter how I study (please help).
-My family is financially struggling.
-I was once physically abused by my uncle while I was in grade 4.
I have broken my parents rules, I got involved in love affair so I want God to help me come out of these and follow my parents rules again. And help me to allow God to take place in me.
-The way my family behaves at home and the way I’m being treated by classmates.
-Help my father to do right because he has hurt us much.

No comments:

Post a Comment